21 Jan 2015 Carrot and Ginger Soup
This soup provides a real blast on sunshine on a grey day!
#3 portions vegetables per serving
- 2 tablespoons raw coconut oil (fat)
- 2 small onions – finely chopped (carb)
- 2 cloves garlic (carb)
- 1” piece of turmeric root peeled & grated or 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1” piece of fresh ginger – peeled and finely grated (carb)
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 650gm carrots – peeled and roughly chopped (carb)
- 1 large sweet potato (carb)
- 1 ½ litres vegetable stock
Melt the oil in a saucepan, add the onions and gently cook for approx 4-5 mins until soft. Then add the garlic and cook for a further minute or so before adding the turmeric, cinnamon and grated ginger and cooking for
I like serving this with toasted 100% rye bread.
TIPS: Garnish with a swirl of coconut cream before serving and to make this a balanced PFC meal, add a boiled egg on the side.