24 Jun Doctrine of Signatures – Vegetables That Look Like The Parts They Heal
I’m struggling. I can’t do it. I have started so many blog posts today and have finished none of them. What is wrong with me? My nearest and dearest could probably provide a good explanation, life has some what turned upside in the last few weeks. But putting my personal life aside, I still need to run a business, see clients and write entertaining blogs.
So here we go. I’m going to stop trying to force and just go with the flow. Do you know what I really fancy writing about? How vegetables look like our bits.
Okay hear me out. This is something I have recently discovered thanks to the Wellness Uncovered Health Forum and it made me smile so I wanted to share it.
It’s called the Doctrine of Signatures – a philosophy shared by herbalists and nutritionists that states that herbs, plants and vegetables resemble the various parts of the body they heal. Nature is literally trying to communicate what we need.
- A sliced carrot looks like the human eye. Carrots are rich in beta-carotene and help improve eye sight
- Tomatoes have chambers and are red. So have our hearts. Tomatoes and their seeds are proven to improve blood flow and heart health
- If you crack open a walnut it looks like a little brain. Walnuts are rich in healthy protein, omegas, melatonin, and powerful polyphenols. They are literally brain food
- A stick of celery looks like the shape of a bone and is stringy like hair. Celery is rich in silicon that is needed for healthy joints, bones, arteries, hair and nails
- Avocados when opened look like the female womb. And heres a crazy thing – avocados take 9 months to grow from seed to a ripened fruit. They are rich in vitamin E which is essential to female reproductive health
- A sweet potato looks like a pancreas. Sweet potatoes help balance blood sugar with their high levels of beta-carotene
- Grapefruits, oranges and other citrus fruits resemble the mammary tissue of the female breast. Citrus fruits are high in vitamin C and assist the health of the breasts by helping move lymph around these areas
- Onions look like the cells of our bodies and are excellent for shifting toxic waste from the body
- Zucchini / courgettes help with penis health due to high levels of magnesium, zinc, B vitamins and omegas. Err brilliant
So this is my comeback blog after two months in the wilderness. A blog about courgettes being good for penises. Great.
Next time you’re in the supermarket stand back and really look at the veg, think about your body and what’s going on for you and see if any of the fruit and veg speaks to you.
And I would love to hear how you get on….
Interested in our ramblings? Follow us on Facebook