03 Sep Fish Stew
Posted at 10:32h in Recipes
This is so easy to make, delicious and relatively healthy. Serve with organic short grain brown rice and some organic green veggies.
- olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves , sliced
- a small fennel bulb , halved and chopped
- a pinch dried chilli flakes
- 1 tsp paprika
- 150ml white wine
- 1 x 400g tin plum tomatoes
- 300ml chicken stock
- 400g firm white sustainable fish, skinless, cut into chunks
- 250g cooked peeled prawns
- a bunch flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large, wide pan. add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes, then add the fennel and cook for about 5 minutes until softened. Add the chilli and paprika, then tip in the wine and simmer until almost gone.
- Add the tomatoes and stock then simmer for 15-20 minutes until thickened a bit. Turn down to a gentle simmer and add the white fish, cover and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the prawns for a couple of minutes until just cooked through, then stir through the parsley.