21 Jan Power Protein Balls
These lovely little snacks are easy to make and highly nutritious. Packed full of protein and fibre, they are great to help curb any sweet cravings you may have and keep you satisfied for longer. Soaking the almonds overnight activates the enzymes in them.
Soaking the almonds activates them, releasing enzyme inhibitors, making them more easily digested allowing for greater absorption of nutrients.
- 100g almonds, soaked in water overnight
- 125g raisins
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds
- 2 tablespoons hemp protein powder
- 2 teaspoons wheatgrass powder (optional)
- 2 teaspoons natural vanilla extract
- Chia seeds, flax seeds, sesame seeds, desiccated coconut for rolling
Place the soaked almonds, raisins, coconut oil and hemp and wheatgrass powder in a food process and blend until almost smooth. Then add the chia seeds and linseeds and blend briefly to mix whilst still retaining their form to add some texture.
Place seeds of your choice in separate shallow bowls, and take 1 heaped teaspoon of the mixture at a time (approx. 20gm) and roll between the palm of your hands quickly into a ball and then roll around in the seeds to coat the balls. These will keep for up to 1 week in the fridge.