Purpose of the Policy
secondary legislation, as amended or updated from time to time in the UK.
Please take time to read the following to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Balanced Wellness Ltd provides wellbeing products, services and training courses. We are registered in England and Wales as a limited company under number: 08086852 and our registered office is at 46 Langstone Road, Havant, Hants, PO9 1RF.
Balanced Wellness is a data controller that determines the purposes and means of processing personal data. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal data about you. We are required under the Data Protection Legislation to notify you of the information contained in this policy notice.
We have appointed a Data Protection Officer who is our Data Protection Point of Contact and is responsible for assisting with enquiries in relation to this privacy notice or our treatment of your personal data. Should you wish to contact the Data Protection Point of Contact, you can do so using the contact details outlined below.
- How We Collect Your Personal Data
We obtain personal data about you when you engage with us to inquire about our products and services through the website, email, telephone, post or engage with us at events.
- The Kind of Information We Hold About You Depending Your Engagement with Us
- The information we hold about you may include the following:
- your personal details (such as your name and address)
- your email address
- your contact number
Retention of Your Personal Information
- The period for which we will retain your personal information will be for a maximum of 7 years after the end of our relationship with you, unless you instruct us to remove such data from our records.
- We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this policy. When your data is no longer required we will delete, anonymise or destroy it.
Where processing of your personal data is based upon consent, you can withdraw that consent at any time. You have the following rights towards your personal data, which you can exercise at any point:
- The right to be provided with a copy of your personal data
- The right to request that we rectify or correct any mistakes in your personal data
- The right to require us to delete your personal data in certain situations
- The right to require us to restrict processing of your personal data – in certain circumstances e.g. if you contests the accuracy of the data.
- If you would like to exercise any of these rights then please email us at email@example.com giving us sufficient information to identify you.
Covid-19 – updated November 2020
COVID-19 is an infectious disease affecting the whole of the UK. Contact tracing is an important way of controlling the spread of infectious diseases. It involves identifying and tracing all the people who have been in contact with a person who has been infected. Depending on the nature and duration of the contact, these contacts may require advice or treatment to prevent the disease spreading further.
Each individual entering Balanced Wellness Ltd will have their full name, address and contact information including telephone numbers and email addresses kept on our Cliniko system. We will also record the date and time of your visit. This information is used for the following reasons.
- Enable contact tracers to call people who have tested positive with COVID-19 to offer advice and gather information about the people they may have come into close contact with and who may have been infected with the coronavirus
- Enable contact tracers to manage the process of tracing these contacts to find out if they have any COVID-19 symptoms and if so, to provide advice on how to seek help
- Enable the necessary sharing of personal information to third party organisations using minimum data
- Enable the planning, management and containment of local outbreaks
- Enable the Districts and Boroughs to assist with tracking deliver their statutory Environmental Health/Food Safety obligations
- In the event of a local outbreak of the corona virus names and contact details of visitors to Balanced Wellness Ltd may be provided to the NHS to support Test and Trace work. NHS Test and Trace will ask for these records only where it is necessary, either because someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 has listed Balanced Wellness Ltd as a place they visited recently, or because our premises have been identified as the location of a potential local outbreak of COVID-19. NHS Test and Trace will handle all data according to the highest ethical and security standards and ensure it is used only for the purposes of protecting public health, including minimising the transmission of COVID-19.