03 Feb 2014 Salmon Superfood Salad
- 1 wild salmon fillet (protein)
- 1 artichoke (carb)
- 4 large asparagus spears (carb)
- 100g spinach (carb)
- 100g quinoa or lentils (carb, avoid on the hypothalamus reset diet and IBS diet)
- Squeeze of fresh lemon (carb)
- Splash of olive oil (fat)
- Optional: sprinkle of nuts such as pine nuts (fat)
- Prepare your ingredients by chopping the artichoke and asparagus in to bite size chunks and measuring out the correct amount of quinoa and spinach.
- Cook the quinoa in a similar way as you would rice, bringing to boil then leaving to simmer for approximately 15minutes (or alternatively the time stated on your packet).
- Smoke/steam/grill/fry the salmon to your preference – this usually takes less than 10minutes.
- Steam the artichoke and asparagus together with the spinach for approximately 10 minutes.
- Once all is cooked to taste, combine all the ingredients in a bowl, flake the salmon into smaller pieces and mix together – Easy!
You may want to customize this recipe by using alternatives such as tuna, avocado, brown rice, beans/lentils and a dressing of your choice to top it off.
Nutritional Information (per serving)
Energy (Kcal) – 583
Protein (g) – 60
Carbohydrates (g) – 55
Fat (g) – 15
The inspiration for this recipe came from Predator Nutrition